I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Letting Go of My Dreams
Today I realized that there are dreams that I have to let go of. Things that I have to surrender to God that I simply am not ready to. I want to give my all to God, but I have so much that I want for my life too. I realized tonight, as I was wrestling with God, that if His grace isn't enough, my faith isn't worth anything. If I can't surrender my all to God - even my deepest and most cherished dream - what good is it to sing songs and pray prayers like 'Take My Life' and 'From the Inside Out'? While I didn't make any definitive list of things I need to give up, or how exactly I'm going to, I do know this: everyday I have to submit my will to God wholly. There can be no retreats, no reserves, and no regrets. Because ultimately His plan for my life is much better than anything I could ever - in my wildest dreams - imagine.