Thursday, February 3, 2011

Observations

Sometimes confrontation and vulnerability is good.

Also, this quote seems to be sticking with me this week:
"Prosperity knits a man to the world. He feels that he is making his place in it, while really it is finding its place in him."
- CS Lewis

Community is delightful. In particular, getting snowed into a mansion with fifteen of your friends is fantastic. I highly recommend it, especially if you have a bounce house.

Just as "when it rains, it pours" when it snows, it blizzards. Ten years of living in Missouri has taught me to downplay every weather source. This time I should not have.

Also when it rains, it truly does pour. This week has been rather overwhelming.

Surprisingly, this is one of my most popular blog posts.
http://natashaohmart.blogspot.com/2010/11/thankfulness-and-christmas.html

On a related note, I learned how to check stats for this site.

As I sit in my warm dorm room and reflect on the past days and weeks, I can't help but smile. So much has happened, and I feel like I've grown in some ways. I love typing away at my computer and marveling at God's working in my life. I still see so much that we must work out together, but it is exciting to notice progress.

I love the Gospel of John. It is fantastic.

I love getting to know people better and realizing that we are all human and we all have the same insecurities, no matter the image we project. It is nice to have someone to be in the trenches with, fighting the war to become more like Jesus.

Obviously this has been an eclectic post of thoughts swimming around in my mind, but I am just so content right now that my mind cannot help but to wander. After a weekend of being anxious and overwhelmed, it is nice to experience the peace of God, which transcends all human understanding.