I've been trying to prepare for my upcoming lifeguard classes...as in this Friday. I have been swimming SO much lately, yet I fear it'll amount to nothing and I'll be out $75. But this experience has been taught me several things:
1. The best way to lose weight and tone-hands down-is swimming!
2. I am an incredibly determined individual.
3. I need to rely less on my own determination and more on God's supreme power.
As I was swimming my first 250 yesterday the second thought occurred to me. My body was worn out but I pressed on and reached my goal. I'm sure it wasn't pretty, but I did it. Today when I returned, I was exhausted. The swimming has aggravated by back and I was just dead tired. I didn't push myself nearly as hard for these reasons, and I realized that the only way that I'll be able to swim the 500 yards on Friday is for God to step in and make it happen. And if He doesn't, well, I guess He has other plans for me this summer. Which I'm not too wild about, by the way. Either way this should be a testament to His faithfulness and power or a wake-up call for me.
Well, a busy day awaits. I have homework to do, a party to set-up for and attend, children to tutor...and perhaps a nap? We'll see how productive I can be, once I unpause and get moving again!