Lately I've had a lot of stuff just circling around in my head. Here's a brief sampling of what's up:
-My foot is still bothering me. Although the swelling has gone down, it's still painful. My chiropractor, Kurt*, told me that there was a possibility that I'd rolled it, because some obscure bone was out of place.
-We're watching a lot of criminal shows at home lately. We've pretty well exhausted Criminal Minds and NCIS so we're onto Law and Order: SVU, but I did catch them watching Walker Texas Ranger earlier. Needless to say, I'm worried. If I have to hear that "the eyes of the ranger are upon you" again, I might take out the TV.
-My sister is seeing Twilight tonight. She's dead to me as soon as the movie begins. I really don't understand this vampire obsession teenagers in our society are exploring. And it's not limited to the teenagers! I remember being at camp when the books started coming out, and I thought they were weird then. That must have been when good taste was in.
-I really enjoyed my two-mile run last Friday. The sky was absolutely beautiful, and the way that it met the long, farm grass was absolutely divine. I've never seen such vivid colors. I never thought I'd say it, but it was definitely worth getting up before seven. I love a pretty Missouri, and listening to Francis Chan during the run was the icing on the cake.
-There's a commercial floating around about this awesome DVR that you can watch in any room. You record in the living room, watch in the bedroom, pause it and pick it up in the bathroom. I know I'm a girl, but why would you want to watch TV in the bathroom? I understand that sometimes that's just time you aren't getting back, but TV, really? I draw the line at a magazine.
-Conversely I truly enjoy the Geico commercial with the drill sergeant therapist. It's awesome, partially because I've wanted to say those things sometimes. I'm a semi-terrible person.
-I've decided to become a high school philosophy teacher, probably in an urban setting. That'd be awesome.
-I nearly forgot my new favorite video.
*Unfortunately my chiropractor is not named Kurt. But I feel like it should be.