Saturday, June 26, 2010

Exhaustion




This weekend has redefined that word for me. After a long, tiring week (120 campers!), I drove the most beautiful 150 miles that I've seen in a while to get to Carthage for my cousin's wedding. It was beautiful. I wish Jess and Randy all the best (and Haidyn!) as they start their new life together. I also got to see my brother and sister-in-law at the wedding. They were the music. It's been a while, so it's always good to see each other and catch up. It was weird without Tina and Nat though. Only a few more weeks!
We left the wedding around ten, got out of town a bit before eleven, and got home a little after one. This morning I woke up at eight to help return a car with my father, and headed over to the Spiegels to baby-sit a 5, 3, and almost one year old. They were quite a handful, but fun. We went swimming for about an hour, which was quite a task. Of course the minute we got into the gate things got chaotic. It's safe to say that I'm not quite ready to be responsible for three kids 24/7. I got home, facebooked for a bit, and crashed. I was super tired and a little power nap did me a lot of good. I'm still more than a bit ready to crash, but now I can at least function. I just have a communion thought to prepare and I'm good to go. I'll postpone my run till the morning. I can barely move right now.
I talked to the youth group last week about the objections to the faith that claiming Jesus is the only way to God is intolerant and that a loving God wouldn't send people to an eternity of suffering. Naturally, hell is a hard topic to wrap our minds around, and the more that I turn it over in my mind, the more I see the urgency of our task. I've also made some good progress in J.P. Moreland'sThe God Question. Moreland makes several interesting points, and though dry, it's been a good read. I'll have to get moving if I want to get through my reading list!
That's basically what's on my plate these days. With a little more sleep, and a lot more prayer, I'll make it through to break. :)