Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. The Lord works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed. He made known his ways to Moses, his deeds to the people of Israel: The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west,so far has he removed our transgressions from us. As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust.
-Ps. 103
It is hard for me to describe the incredible joy and peace that I have experienced in the past few weeks. God is so faithful and good, He is holy and true, He is wonderful, and He is near. I am so blessed to be called His child!
This year has been perhaps the most difficult yet. I feel like I have been challenged in every way, and God has been so faithful and good through everything. And now I am living in the truth of His wonderful provision, and it is good. His love is overwhelming and true beyond anything I've experienced. He is the God who faithfully provided for a small dream that began three years ago. He is the God who will faithfully provide every good thing for a every dream that He has given me. He is the God who is worth praising before He provides because of all He is and all He has done. He is the God who gave us Christ, the God-man who was crucified, buried, and resurrected. Oh, to know Jesus in the power of His resurrection! To be made like Him! This Jesus is the transforming power that changes lives from ashes to beauty. His Spirit is moving and pushing and doing incredible things. More than all this, this God answers prayers and works overwhelmingly in my weakness. This is the God who has told me who I am - that I am loved, chosen, made clean and pure, given the task of reconciling men to Him, and enslaved to righteousness. I am free from all of the shackles and lies of the devil, and sin has no hold on me. This Christ has made me His, and I rejoice in that!
He has transformed a community that was devastated just one year ago. He has been glorified even as creation revolts and destroys itself. He has taken what was mortifying and heart breaking and He has faithfully been present and working. He has been glorified simply in His faithfulness and goodness and His healing. Joplin will never forget this past year, and May 22 at 5:41 will always hold a very somber significance, but I can proudly say that God has been glorified even in this tragedy. I pray that He would continue to work in Joplin, especially today. I pray for His protection over the city, but I am confident that He will not waste anything that happens - good or bad. This is the good God we serve!
I am so blessed to return to a new house and roommate in the fall (as well as the old ones!), a new job, and a community where Jesus is moving. I get to start my education classes and finish my OCC education.
And this summer, I get to return to my summer home - WCCSC! I am so excited for my last camp season - I do love camp, and I dread saying goodbye. I am excited to run the GlowRun with Jessica and to get one test over with. I am excited to grow closer to my Savior and to have a season of rest. God is so good!